KEEP YOUR PET SAFE DURING ST. PATRICK’S DAY
Do you love celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and dressing up your pet to go out with your friends? St. Patrick’s Day can be a fun and festive holiday for humans, but it can be stressful and even dangerous for pets. Here are some tips to help keep your pet safe during St. Patrick’s Day:
Keep your pet away from alcohol: Alcohol is toxic to pets and can cause vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, and even death. Keep all alcoholic beverages out of reach of your pets. Don’t share your alcholic drinks with your dog or cat.
Avoid sharing human food: Many of the foods we enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day, such as chocolate and onions, can be toxic to pets. Stick to your pet’s regular diet and avoid sharing any human food. Irish Soda Bread contains raisins, which can lead to kidney failure in your dog.
Watch out for decorations: Shamrock plants, leprechaun hats, and other St. Patrick’s Day decorations can be tempting for pets to chew on or play with. Keep decorations out of reach or consider using pet-safe decorations. Check out some of our green pet necklaces in our shop instead!
Make sure your pet has identification: If you’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in a crowded area or taking your pet out for a walk, make sure they have a collar with identification tags and that their microchip information is up to date.
Keep your pet away from loud noises: St. Patrick’s Day celebrations can involve loud music, fireworks, and other loud noises that can scare pets. Consider keeping your pet in a quiet, secure room away from the noise.
Monitor your pet’s behavior: Keep an eye on your pet’s behavior during and after St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. If you notice any unusual behavior, such as vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, or difficulty breathing, contact your veterinarian immediately.